Hill Descent Control
The Hill Descent Control (HDC) system enhances your off-road performance along with even more safety by giving you a smooth, controlled descent on snowy and rough terrains. HDC is available exclusively for Levante.
The Hill Descent Control system is enabled by pressing the HDC switch on the left-hand side of the steering wheel. By using the Cruise Control buttons, you can set the vehicle speed even when you’re descending steep hills.
- Within a defined threshold of slope (12%), the vehicle gets to the default speed value of 5 mph (or 8 km/h).
- With steeper slopes (more than 12%), the vehicle gets to the default speed value of 1.8 - 2.5 mph (or 3 - 4 km/h).
HDC will use the Anti-lock (ABS) to control each wheel’s speed without you needing to touch either the brakes or the accelerator.
If the vehicle accelerates with no input from you, the system will automatically apply the brakes to gently slow to the desired speed. Applying pressure to the accelerator or brake pedal instantly overrides the system.
- HDC maintains vehicle speed while descending hills by actively controlling the brakes.
- Applying pressure to the accelerator or brake pedal instantly overrides the system.
- You must always remain attentive to the driving conditions and maintain a safe vehicle speed.
Discover the model which is equipped with this feature