Effective date: 19/October/2020
Categories of Personal Information Collected. Generally, we collect the following types of personal information:
- Identifiers: direct identifiers such as name, alias, user ID, username, account number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, VIN, license plate, IP address and other online identifiers or unique identifiers, email address, phone number, address and other contact information, account name, SSN, driver’s license number, passport number and other government identifiers, or other similar identifiers.
- Customer records: personal information such as name, account name, user ID, contact information, education and employment information, SSN and government identifiers, account number, financial or payment information that individuals provide us in order to purchase or obtain our products and services or submit warranty claims or other requests to us.
- Commercial information: including records of personal property including Maserati vehicles, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies.
- Usage data: browsing history, clickstream data, search history, access logs and other usage data and information regarding an individual’s interaction with our websites, mobile apps and Connected Services, and our marketing emails and online ads.
- Geolocation data: precise location information about a particular individual or device.
- Audio, video and electronic data: audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information such as CCTV footage (e.g., collected from visitors to our premises, photographs and images (e.g., that you provide us or post to your profile), call recordings (e.g., of customer support calls), and information collected from your Maserati vehicle (including telematics data and other connected services data).
- Professional information: professional and employment-related information.
- Education information: information about an individual’s educational history.
- Protected classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under applicable laws, such as disability information and medical conditions (e.g., which we may collect in order to make available appropriate accommodations at our Events) and information that you voluntarily include in your account profile (e.g., gender, marital status).
- Inferences: inferences drawn from other personal information that we collect to create a profile reflecting an individual’s preferences, characteristics, behavior, or aptitudes. For example, we may analyze personal information in order to identify the offers and information that may be most relevant to customers, so that we can better reach them with relevant offers and ads.
Purposes of Use. In general, we may use and disclose the personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing our Services and related support
- Safety, recall, and warranty
- Analyzing and improving our Services
- Communicating with you
- Personalizing content and experiences
- Advertising, marketing and promotional purposes
- In support of our general business operations
- Securing and protecting our assets and rights
- Complying with legal obligations
If you are a California resident, please refer to the Additional Information for California Residents section below for important information about the categories of personal information we collect and disclose, as well as your rights under California privacy laws, including your right to submit a “Do Not Sell My Information” request (i.e., to opt of the sale of your personal information by us).
Collection of Personal Information
Use of Personal Information
Disclosure of Personal Information
Cookies and Tracking Information
Interest Based Advertising
Third-Party Sites and Services
Rights and Choices
Changes to This Policy
Additional Information for California Residents
This Policy describes our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information related to:
(b) current, former and prospective owners of Maserati vehicles; and(c) individuals that contact us or otherwise interact with us; and
(c) individuals that contact us or otherwise interact with us.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information we collect varies depending upon the circumstances and the Services you use.
We may collect personal information directly from individuals, such as when an individual contacts, requests a quote or submits an inquiry to us about a Maserati vehicle, as well as from third parties and automatically related to the use of the Services.
Information We Collect from You. We may collect personal information directly from you, including:
- Account information: to access and use certain features of our Services (e.g. save a car configuration, establish a communications profile, sign up for a test drive or driving classes, get a quote, discover extra content, or receive updates), you must register for an account by providing us with certain required information, which may include your name and title, contact information including email address, mailing address and telephone number, user name, password and profile image, the type of car you own, your language preference, your preferences with respect to the information, goods or services you would like to receive, and other information that we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
- Purchases and payments information: if you purchase products or services from us, such as branded merchandise or parts, whether online or over the phone, we collect information related to your order, which may include name, billing and shipping address, and payment details. We may work with external payment processors and fulfillment partners to process these payments.
- Communications and support: if you contact us by email, mail, phone, chat or otherwise regarding the Services, we collect and maintain a record of your contact details, communications and our responses. If you call us, we may also record calls and maintain logs and records of those calls.
- Inquiries and requests: we also collect personal information when you submit information to or request information from us (such as request a quote, find a vehicle or locate a dealer) or sign up for marketing and communications from us (such as related to Maserati North America product launches, special offers and upcoming Maserati vehicle and product releases). The information we may collect includes your name, contact information, location, vehicle of interest, current vehicle and other information.
- Events, contests and promotions: we may also run contests, sweepstakes or other promotions or participate in certain events (collectively, “Events”), online and offline. If you choose to participate in an Event, we may ask you for personal information, including your name, age, contact information, Maserati vehicle of interest or other information. Certain Events may be co-branded with one of our partners or run on an external website, such as Facebook. In these instances, the collection of your personal information may occur directly or through an external website.
- User content: if you choose to engage in forums, blogs, or similar features offered by us as part of the Services, we may maintain records about the content you post, such as comments, reviews or questions, as well as date and time and other metadata associated with your user content. User content may also be viewable by other visitors and users of the Services.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may collect personal information about visitors to our offices and premises, for example, through CCTV and other physical security monitoring. We also may collect personal information about how you use the Services (e.g. using cookies and pixel tags), such as IP address, app identifier, advertising ID, location information, browser type, device type, domain name, the website that led you to our Services, the website to which you go after leaving our Services, the dates and times you access our Services, and the links you click and your other activities within the Services. We may also use pixels in HTML emails to understand if individuals read the emails we send to them. (For more information, see the Cookies and Other Tracking Information section below.) We also may collect geolocation information through our Apps and our Services, and we may derive your location data based upon the IP address of the device you use to access the Services. In addition, we may derive certain insights about you based on this and other personal information we have collected about you.
Information We Collect from Third Parties. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties, such as partners or dealers we work with. For example, we received purchase, payment and finance information from our dealers when you purchase or lease one of our vehicles from them. In addition, Maserati dealers and service centers provide us with information about vehicle maintenance and services that they provide you or that you request. We may also collect public record information such as vehicle sales records and motor vehicle records. We also may enhance or update the personal information we have about you, with information obtained from data brokers, public records (e.g., vehicle sales and motor vehicle records), and other third-party sources. We also collect device identifier and other information from third-party platforms and mobile applications that you use when accessing our Services. In addition, we may collect information about how individuals interact with us or comment about Maserati North America and our products and services through social media. Also, if you take advantage of a third-party or affiliate offer through the Services, we may receive certain information from that third party about your interaction with them.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the personal information we collect for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Providing our Services and related support: to provide and maintain our Services; to authenticate users; to perform technical operations, such as updating software; for recall purposes; to provide and communicate with you about our Sites, Services, Maserati vehicles and other products; to respond to your requests; to administer Events that you participate in; to fulfill your orders, and process your payments; to provide technical support; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Safety, recall and warranty: for safety, recall and warranty purposes, such as to send recall notices, process recall and warranty claims, and for other purposes related to Maserati vehicle safety.
- Analyzing and improving our Services: to better understand how users access and use our vehicles and other products and the Services, for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve our Services and business operations, develop new features, products, or services, and to otherwise improve our Services and user experiences.
- Communicating with you: to provide you with the information or Services that you have requested (for example, to provide a quote or to contact you to book a test drive); to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes; and to administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or user satisfaction purposes.
- Personalizing content and experiences: to tailor content, we send or display on the Sites or within the Services in order to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions and to otherwise personalize your experiences.
- Advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes: to contact you about our products or services or send you newsletters, offers or other information we think may interest you; to administer promotions and contests; to reach you with more relevant ads; and to measure and improve our advertising and marketing campaigns.
- In support of our general business operations: relating to audits and assessments of our business operations, security controls, financial controls, records and information management program, and otherwise relating to the administration of our general business, accounting, record keeping and legal functions. These purposes are based on our legitimate interest in operating our business and maintaining adequate internal records and safeguards.
- Securing and protecting our assets and rights: to protect our business operations, secure our network and information technology, assets and services; to prevent and detect fraud, unauthorized activities, access and other misconduct; where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected violations of our Terms and other agreements, as well as fraud, illegal activities and other situations involving potential threats to the rights or safety of any person or third party; and as necessary to defend our legal interests and rights.
- Complying with legal obligations: to comply with the law or legal proceedings. For example, we may disclose information in response to subpoenas, court orders, and other lawful requests by regulators and law enforcement, including responding to national security or law enforcement disclosure requirements.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes, where you have consented.
Aggregate and de-identified information. We may also use aggregate and deidentified information for various research, development, product improvement, analytics and other purposes.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information in order to provide and improve our products and Services, reach users with more relevant information and offers, and as otherwise set out below.
We may share or disclose the information (including personal information) that we collect as follows:
- Service providers: with third-party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and/or support providers.
- Third parties: with third parties that provide advertising, campaign measurement, online and/or mobile analytics and related services. These third parties may receive or access browsing history and/or other data about your use of the Sites, in order to help us better reach individuals with relevant ads, measure our ad campaigns and/or to better understand how individuals interact with our Sites over time and across devices.
- Subsidiaries and affiliates: with our affiliated companies (i.e., our parent company and other companies under common ownership, control or management with us); their use and disclosure of such personal information is subject to this Policy.
- Legal compliance: in response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
- Business transfers: as part of any actual or contemplated merger, sale, transfer of assets, acquisition, financing and/or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy or similar event, including related to due diligence conducted prior to such event where permitted by law.
- Protection of rights: where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us, to enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, to protect the rights, property or safety of Maserati, our affiliates, clients, customers and/or others, and/or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Aggregated and De-identified Data. We may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, advertising, analytics and/or other purposes.
5. COOKIES AND TRACKING INFORMATION
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities while using our Site. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Some of the Services may not work properly if you disable cookies.
Pixel tags. Pixel tags are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use pixel tags (also referred to as web beacons, web bugs or clear GIFs), in connection with our Services to, among other things, help us manage ads and content, and compile statistics about usage of our Services. We may also use pixel tags in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Preferences. You can opt out of or change your preferences for most third-party cookies and tags on our Sites, using our cookie preference manager. In addition, you may block or disable cookies for the device and browser you are using, through your browser settings; however, certain features on our Sites may not be available or function properly if you block or disable cookies. Our Sites currently do not respond to “do not track” signals.
6. INTEREST BASED ADVERTISING
In addition, we may share certain hashed customer list information (such as your email address) with third parties—such as Facebook and Google—so that we can better target ads and content to our users and others with similar interests, within their services. These third parties use the list information we provide to help us target ads and to enforce their terms, but we do not permit them to use or share the data we submit with other third-party advertisers.
Ad Choices. You may opt out of or update your preferences for third-party advertising tags and cookies on our Sites, using our cookie preference manager. In addition, you can learn more about the information collection practices and "opt-out" procedures of many third-party ad companies at www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp. Opting out of participating ad networks does not opt you out of being served advertising. You may continue to receive generic or “contextual” ads on our Services. You may also continue to receive targeted ads on other websites, from companies that do not participate in the above programs.
7. THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Our Services may link to other websites or online services (including those operated by our parent, affiliates, dealers or others) that are not covered by this Policy. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
We have implemented safeguards designed to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
9. RIGHTS AND CHOISES
In this section we describe the choices individuals have regarding our collection, use and handling of their personal information. If you are a California resident, see the Additional Information for California Residents section below for information about your rights under California privacy laws.
Access and Update Information. You may access and update certain of your personal information by accessing and adjusting your account settings. You may also contact us using the information in the Contact Us section below to make an access, correction or other privacy request. Please note that we may maintain copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted, in our business records and in the normal course of our business operations, as permitted or required by applicable law. Your access to or correction of your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions and the availability of such information. Further, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting such access or making corrections.
Marketing Communications. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us sending a written request to Maserati here. You may also opt out of email marketing by using the unsubscribe link in any such email we send to you. Further, if you have opted into and no longer wish to receive text messages from us you may opt out by texting STOP to cancel future text message (reply HELP for more information or help). Please note that marketing opt-out requests will only remove you from our direct marketing lists. If you would like to opt out of marketing from a Maserati dealer or other third party, you must contact them directly to opt out.
Third Party Ads and Cookies. As noted above, you can control your cookie preferences on our Sites and opt out of most third-party advertising tags and cookies on our Sites, using our cookie preference manager.
Our Services are not targeted and directed at children under age 16 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child under 16. If you believe we have inadvertently collected personal information about a child, please contact us and we will take steps to delete this information.
11. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Maserati North America, Inc.
Consumer Affairs Department
1 Chrysler Drive
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
In addition, you may contact our parent company, Maserati S.p.A., on this page.
12. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Services. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Services.
13. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
In this section, we provide additional information to California residents about how we handle their personal information, as required under California privacy laws including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). This section does not address or apply to our handling of publicly available information lawfully made available by state or federal government records or other personal information that is exempt under the CCPA.
A. Categories of Personal Information Under the CCPA (Last Updated: 19/October/2020)
In this section we describe, generally, how we have collected and disclosed personal information about consumers in the prior 12 months (from the Last Updated date above).
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed. While our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information varies based upon our relationship and interactions with consumers, the table below identifies the categories of personal information (as defined by the CCPA) we have collected about consumers, as well as how we may disclose such information for a business purpose. For more information about the business and commercial purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information, please see the Use of Personal Information and the Disclosures of Personal Information sections above.