Forward Collision Warning Plus
The Forward Collision Warning Plus system (FCW Plus) enhances safety by reducing the risk of rear-end collisions, one of the most common types of car crashes, especially in heavy traffic situations.
FCW Plus constantly scans the road and monitors the vehicles ahead by collating the information from the forward-looking radar sensor for the Electronic Brake Controller (EBC). When the Forward Collision Warning Plus system detects a vehicle and determines that a forward collision is likely to happen, you will immediately receive provided with a visual and an audible warning along with a warning brake input.
If you fail to take action upon these initial progressive warnings, the Autonomous Emergency Braking system (AEB) intervenes. The system will automatically apply the brakes as required in order to perform an emergency stop and reduce or avoid the risk of a rear-end collision.
When the safety system determines a collision with the vehicle in front of you is no longer probable, the warning messages will be deactivated.
FCW sensitivity settings
Forward Collision Warning Plus sensitivity can be set to “Near”, “Medium” or “Far”. The default status is the “Medium” setting but you always have the possibility to adjust this setting to your driving style:
- The “Far” setting will warn you of a possible collision with the vehicle in front when you are farther away. This setting provides the best reaction time to avoid a possible collision, even though it could sometimes lead to some added warnings.
- The “Medium” setting gives you less reaction time compared to the “Far” setting but at the same time should lead to less warnings.
- The “Near” setting warns you of a possible collision with the vehicle in front when you are much closer. This setting provides less reaction time compared to the “Medium” setting.
- You must always remain attentive to the road conditions especially in bad weather.
- You must always be ready to prevent any danger as the system can be challenged by many factors: poor visibility due to insufficient road lighting, or excessive glare from direct sunlight or reflections from oncoming traffic.
- You must always drive safely to avoid critical situations, not relying on the support of the system.
- FCW Plus is intended for on-road use only: you should always deactivate it when you take the vehicle off-road to prevent unnecessary warnings.
- FCW is intended to be used only by licensed and alert users and under the conditions specified in a vehicle’s Owner’s Manual.
- Read and understand a vehicle’s Owner’s Manual thoroughly before using the FCW system.
- It is your responsibility to stay alert, drive safely, and be in control of the vehicle at all times.
- To avoid serious injury or death, do not rely on the FCW system to prevent accidents or collisions as it is not designed to prevent loss of control or all accidents or collisions.
- Always be prepared to take corrective action at all times.
- Failure to follow these instructions and warnings can result in serious injury or death.
Discover the models which are equipped with this feature
You're Not Like Everyone Else
An Icon of Italian Elegance
© 2021 Maserati Canada, Inc. All rights reserved. Maserati and the Trident logo are registered trademarks of Maserati SpA.
Some images may show European models.