Surround View Camera
The Surround View Camera increases the level of safety when you’re parking, making every maneuvering procedure easier, smoother and, more importantly, less stressful.
How does the Surround View Camera work?
The Surround View Camera assists you during parking maneuvers by combining all the information provided by 4 cameras placed around your vehicle that will give you a 360-degree view of the area around your car: an unparalleled visibility of your surroundings.
The cameras are placed in four positions: one on the front grid, two under the side view mirrors and a rear camera on the liftgate, between the number plate lights.
In all situations where it’s hard to see and assess the distance between you and already parked vehicles, cars with Surround View Camera system also provide dynamic gridlines to show your predicted trajectory. All information gathered from the parking sensors will also help you by alerting you to otherwise hidden obstacles.
How does car top view camera work together with rear view camera?
When the shift lever is shifted to R (Reverse) position, the top view and rear view of the surrounding scenario will be automatically displayed on the screen. Instead, when the shift lever is shifted to P (Park), N (Neutral) or D (Drive) position, it is possible to activate and deactivate this safety system by pressing “Surround Camera” soft-key in the “Controls” section of the display. Once the “Surround Camera” screen is displayed, it is possible to select the images to display among 4 possible options:
1. Rear view and top view
2. Rear cross path view
3. Front cross path view
4. Front view and top view
With option 1 and 4, you will be able to simultaneously check two different views. You simply have to pick the most convenient view considering the situation and the maneuver you are about to perform.
Keep in mind
How to use a view camera
- You must always be careful and check attentively the surrounding scenario before initiating any manoeuvre in order to spot other vehicles, obstacles, pedestrians or animals.
- Once you have initiated the manoeuvre you must continue to pay attention to your surroundings.
- You must always drive your car with Surround View Camera slowly when you’re parking in order to be able to stop in time if an obstacle is detected.
- The Surround View Camera system is designed to function properly during the day or under good lighting conditions. You must never rely on the system only under poor lighting conditions.
- The distance and trajectory lines must always be interpreted only as a reference and only when the vehicle is on a flat ground.
Discover the models which are equipped with this feature
You're Not Like Everyone Else
An Icon of Italian Elegance